Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Red Pepper Soup

Ok, so I am sick, but I had to stay warm today...so I cooked all day. The grape juice got done. My house smells like a winery. I made the Spaghetti sauce for the previous recipe. I made Shepard's Pie for dinner with beans from my garden and a wonderful roasted tomato sauce that is too die for...and I made a batch of Red Pepper soup before the peppers went bad. I am not a penny pincher by any stretch of the imagination, but I hate to see something go to waste. It's painful to me. So I made some creamy soup

Red Pepper Soup
3 to 4 red peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
1 onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 T butter
Saute above vegetables with the butter for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender.
24 oz of Chicken broth
1/2 cup of cream
dash of cayenne pepper
Add broth and vegetables together and simmer for 30 min. Use immersion blender or regular blender to puree mixture. Return to pan and add cream and cayenne. Heat another 5 min or until heated through. Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream. Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

Aimee Jager said...

Looks yummy...I love this new blog!